Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Most Profitable Zulutrade.com Signal Providers

      
  1. #1
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    10

    Thumbs up Most Profitable Zulutrade.com Signal Providers

    Admittedly, it's been a while, almost a year actually, since I've logged into ZuluTrade.com to see what's new there. I have to admit, they really have revamped their entire site making it much clearer and easier for we, the end users looking for Forex signals to use. They even allow for us to pick and choose the Signal Providers that we wish to be showed to other users, so I took about an hour and researched the hands down most profitable signal providers on ZuluTrade.com and selected them for Forex Forums users to see first and foremost when they visit forexforums.zulutrade.com, not the main site that has ALL SP's even the bad ones.


    Some ZuluTrade.com improvements include the following:

    Improved Equity Curve Graph


    Visual Representation of System Drawdown

    So instead of just seeing that there is a drawdown of -X pips, we can tell when these drawdowns occurred in relation to the pips gained in previous and future trades.


    Finally, my favorite modification, allowing us to pick and choose the BEST signal providers to show other users on the main page as you can see in this screenshot:


    CHECK OUT ZULUTRADE.com's BEST SIGNAL PROVIDERS

  2. #2
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You're about 15 on the list, I'll get to you ASAP.

  3. #3
    My Pips Are Growing Angelous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    These improvements shine a whole new light on ZuluTrade.com for me. Just to let you know

  4. #4
    My Pips Are Growing
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Good job Mike, checking out your Zulu forum now, it may really end up helping us

  5. #5
    My Pips Are Growing
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've done a TON of research on the Zulu Trade providers, and I've come to a lot of the same conclusions as you have. Here are the conclusions I drew when analyzing the results of providers:

    1) Search for providers based on low DD as your primary sorting tool
    2) Decent average pips/trade. Keep in mind that Zulu Trade charges a $1 commission per mini-lot, so if you see a trade that went for 2 pips with a -50 drawdown, they basically drew you down 50 bucks at one point to only gain you $2, and then half of that went to Zulu Trade. Not good.....

    I've done a great deal of statistical analysis, and my conclusion is that it's best to manage your risk through appropriate size multipliers rather than putting in a stop loss. For example, I found that usually if you put in an SL of 50 or so, you'll have way too high of a percentage of trades that the provider wound up having a decent win on but you lost because you stopped out. If you're going to roll with any given provider, I think you need to be willing to roll with their strategy entirely.

    I was not real impressed with Zulu Trade at first, because the demo account only allows increments of ten in your lot/mini-lot sizing. However, you have full control with the real accounts all the way to 1/10th increments so you can mirror a provider even at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio.

    I opened a real account to try it out about a week ago with only $1,250 to test the waters, and I went with 3 providers at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio and earned a $300 profit in my first week. So far I'm very pleased with the results......

    One thing that I didn't see you mention Mike but I've noticed in the results is that some providers very frequently close one position and reopen the exact same position only minutes later, same currency pair and same direction. Makes me wonder if some people are closing winning trades in order to reopen the same trade. Good for their winning percentage, not good for your pip spread and commission costs.

  6. #6
    Hindsight Hero! DickP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,019
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Provider NamePips EarnedMoney EarnedMax DrawdownROIWinning %FollowersSubscribe
    3107$28,545.00-13457%98.71405Follow
    The Hunter593$5,932.00-4912%781325Follow
    Cheetah9817$98,090.00-1680196%95.8910Follow



    "I came to make pips and chew bubble gum...damn, I'm all out of gum..."
    -DickP, 2011

  7. #7
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2MN View Post
    One thing that I didn't see you mention Mike but I've noticed in the results is that some providers very frequently close one position and reopen the exact same position only minutes later, same currency pair and same direction. Makes me wonder if some people are closing winning trades in order to reopen the same trade. Good for their winning percentage, not good for your pip spread and commission costs.
    Yes, this bothers the heck out of me. I'm almost certain some signal providers are trying to "scam" people by making us think their win percentage is better or some other reason.

    The only thing that bothers me more is the fact that some SP's open the same trade more than once, some times 10 times in a row, just to make the same winning trade seem like 10 winning trades.

    And what bothers me even more and I can't speak for the SP side of things, how SP's are allowed to change the amount of lots they use, some times up to 500 lots per trade. I know this won't affect we the end user much since we're allowed to change the amount of lots we use, but it results in trades earning the SP 100,000's of pips per trade!

    This really throws off those of us who are trying to figure out if that SP is following a winning strategy or not when we see them gaining a million pips in a month.

    Just unrealistic.
    <-------------------------------------------------------------------->

  8. #8
    My Pips Are Growing
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    it would be important to pick signal providers who offer few trades but they offer more then 10-20 pips a trade wins, that would make the account grow big , in case of scalpers for sure there is going to be issue with draw down, as spreads would take away lot of money as said by brian

  9. #9
    Will Work For Pips
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Okay, well, I'm new and wouldn't mind piggy backing on some pro's trades. But you make it seem like these pro's have more to gain by sugar coating their results. Can you give me assurances that there are some of these pro's that are honest and care about those who follow their signals?

  10. #10
    Will Work For Pips Pandear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2MN View Post
    I've done a TON of research on the Zulu Trade providers, and I've come to a lot of the same conclusions as you have. Here are the conclusions I drew when analyzing the results of providers:

    1) Search for providers based on low DD as your primary sorting tool
    2) Decent average pips/trade. Keep in mind that Zulu Trade charges a $1 commission per mini-lot, so if you see a trade that went for 2 pips with a -50 drawdown, they basically drew you down 50 bucks at one point to only gain you $2, and then half of that went to Zulu Trade. Not good.....

    I've done a great deal of statistical analysis, and my conclusion is that it's best to manage your risk through appropriate size multipliers rather than putting in a stop loss. For example, I found that usually if you put in an SL of 50 or so, you'll have way too high of a percentage of trades that the provider wound up having a decent win on but you lost because you stopped out. If you're going to roll with any given provider, I think you need to be willing to roll with their strategy entirely.

    I was not real impressed with Zulu Trade at first, because the demo account only allows increments of ten in your lot/mini-lot sizing. However, you have full control with the real accounts all the way to 1/10th increments so you can mirror a provider even at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio.

    I opened a real account to try it out about a week ago with only $1,250 to test the waters, and I went with 3 providers at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio and earned a $300 profit in my first week. So far I'm very pleased with the results......

    One thing that I didn't see you mention Mike but I've noticed in the results is that some providers very frequently close one position and reopen the exact same position only minutes later, same currency pair and same direction. Makes me wonder if some people are closing winning trades in order to reopen the same trade. Good for their winning percentage, not good for your pip spread and commission costs.
    If you do not mind me querying, what signal providers do you follow there? Want to get it right the first time I try.

  11. #11
    Hindsight Hero! DickP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,019
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nice graph DickP I picked some of the same signal providers for my list too
    Danke Mike, I have gained over $1000 in demo trading full lots just this week using a combination of those providers.



    "I came to make pips and chew bubble gum...damn, I'm all out of gum..."
    -DickP, 2011

  12. #12
    Pippier Than Thou! ChartWizQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Email I got two months ago.

    Greetings,

    A very short message here, presently RapidForex is ranked number one in ZuluTrade. This is a very good attestment but as the popularity increases, we may have to limit the number of PrecisionTypeA and Accura EAs sales. We want to safeguard our primary interest that is running of a managed fund.

    Regards,

    -Pasupathi-
    RapidForex Private Funds & Automated Trading Solutions http://private.thefxcode.com
    2 Short Months Later, -118,503 pips http://www.zulutrade.com/TradeHistor....aspx?pid=4025
    <-------------------------------------------------------------------->
    http://thefxcode.com/ Look at the site now....

  13. #13
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2MN View Post
    I've done a TON of research on the Zulu Trade providers, and I've come to a lot of the same conclusions as you have. Here are the conclusions I drew when analyzing the results of providers:

    1) Search for providers based on low DD as your primary sorting tool
    2) Decent average pips/trade. Keep in mind that Zulu Trade charges a $1 commission per mini-lot, so if you see a trade that went for 2 pips with a -50 drawdown, they basically drew you down 50 bucks at one point to only gain you $2, and then half of that went to Zulu Trade. Not good.....

    I've done a great deal of statistical analysis, and my conclusion is that it's best to manage your risk through appropriate size multipliers rather than putting in a stop loss. For example, I found that usually if you put in an SL of 50 or so, you'll have way too high of a percentage of trades that the provider wound up having a decent win on but you lost because you stopped out. If you're going to roll with any given provider, I think you need to be willing to roll with their strategy entirely.

    I was not real impressed with Zulu Trade at first, because the demo account only allows increments of ten in your lot/mini-lot sizing. However, you have full control with the real accounts all the way to 1/10th increments so you can mirror a provider even at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio.

    I opened a real account to try it out about a week ago with only $1,250 to test the waters, and I went with 3 providers at a 0.1 mini-lot ratio and earned a $300 profit in my first week. So far I'm very pleased with the results......

    One thing that I didn't see you mention Mike but I've noticed in the results is that some providers very frequently close one position and reopen the exact same position only minutes later, same currency pair and same direction. Makes me wonder if some people are closing winning trades in order to reopen the same trade. Good for their winning percentage, not good for your pip spread and commission costs.
    Were you following GFX at all? If so, did you have stops in place that shielded you from his mountainous loss last week? He had such sound methods in place, and I'm saddened to see this happen, but not surprised. Trying to be 100% right all the time comes at a cost.

  14. #14
    Forex Menthor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    men, this is really something else, i was given $50000 to start at about 10.25 am, one sp, now am having $53170,, this is unbelieveable, can this be real? then am funding my account with Fxdd soon

  15. #15
    Hindsight Hero! DickP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,019
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Dropping WIN TRADE off of my list I think for the time being until he redeems himself



    "I came to make pips and chew bubble gum...damn, I'm all out of gum..."
    -DickP, 2011

  16. #16
    My Pips Are Growing
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yeah, had a tough week. Then again, so did everyone who was trading nearly exclusively GBP/USD last week. Kind of crazy how that one bounced up and down all week but looks like it pretty much closed the week at the same spot where it opened the week.

    My philosophy is to pick providers I like and let them go w/o restriction (or a high setting like 12 max trades just to make sure they don't go completely crazy) at 0.1 mini lot. Let them go for a bit and if I like what I see from a provider I'll graduate them to 0.2 mini lot, 0.3, etc. Right now I have a handful of providers at 0.1 mini lot and a couple that I have up to 0.4 mini lot. The 0.1 providers are on probation.

  17. #17
    Administrator Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,976
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    That's a really good and wise approach Brian.

    Remember everyone to check out the Zulu Trade Signals Forum where we get more into depth about the best Zulu signal providers to follow.

  18. #18
    Pippier Than Thou!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2MN View Post
    yeah, had a tough week. Then again, so did everyone who was trading nearly exclusively GBP/USD last week. Kind of crazy how that one bounced up and down all week but looks like it pretty much closed the week at the same spot where it opened the week.

    My philosophy is to pick providers I like and let them go w/o restriction (or a high setting like 12 max trades just to make sure they don't go completely crazy) at 0.1 mini lot. Let them go for a bit and if I like what I see from a provider I'll graduate them to 0.2 mini lot, 0.3, etc. Right now I have a handful of providers at 0.1 mini lot and a couple that I have up to 0.4 mini lot. The 0.1 providers are on probation.
    Are you trading live or demo? What are your settings for live mini accounts
    Anyone trading live minis I need to see your settings. Where are you guys - DickP, Mike, Ubtx
    I have been on setting account for mini live followers, without success

    I am interested in knowing how people set up their mini accounts to be recieving trades from their
    signal provider.
    $5 per day auto-trading service -

  19. #19
    My Pips Are Growing
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    fxbroker--are you a zulu provider? if so, which one?

  20. #20
    Pippier Than Thou!
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    16

    Zulu

    yes I am my signal name is marketchaos.co.za

    I trade standard account but my live followers with smaller account (minis) cannot trade my signals.
    it has been horrible trying to set my own trade to conform with their own, or their own with mine.

    anyone with any idea or no one is really trading live accounts here
    <-------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian2MN View Post
    yeah, had a tough week. Then again, so did everyone who was trading nearly exclusively GBP/USD last week. Kind of crazy how that one bounced up and down all week but looks like it pretty much closed the week at the same spot where it opened the week.

    My philosophy is to pick providers I like and let them go w/o restriction (or a high setting like 12 max trades just to make sure they don't go completely crazy) at 0.1 mini lot. Let them go for a bit and if I like what I see from a provider I'll graduate them to 0.2 mini lot, 0.3, etc. Right now I have a handful of providers at 0.1 mini lot and a couple that I have up to 0.4 mini lot. The 0.1 providers are on probation.
    If you have a mini account e.g. $1000.00 with those settings, you are actually over trading your account

    0.1 lot = 10%
    0.2 lots = 20%
    0.3 lots = 30%
    0.4 lots = 40%

    If you are following a provider who supplied signal at 0.1 lot for example, this means you risked $100 out of 1k. This is nuts if you get 4 of that a day, all floating losses you will tie down $400 of your capital not doing thing.

    If you opt for 0.4 mini and and you have 4 trades, you account will have a margin call.

    To trade mini successfully you got to trade say 1% of 1k. This how most people trading standard accounts trade. People only risk between 1 to 3% of trades, to avoid uneccessary stoploss by setting your stoploss to -100pips or more, if you know direction of trade.

    The challenge is how do you
    set your account or protect it so that not more than 1-3% is taken out to be trade by whoever is the signal provider. This is the question I seeking answer for.

    Whatever % you apply now is wasteful, if the account is not mini and if the provider is not trading mini account. I know this course I have wasted almost 1 week to get this right.
    $5 per day auto-trading service -

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •