• Other

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expert Adviser vs Your Own Strategy vs Managed Account

I Don't Post Much

Default Re: Expert Adviser vs Your Own Strategy vs Managed Account

Quote Originally Posted by FxQ&A View Post
    I use a combination of all of those Medieval.
    You devide your money in three different ways?
    Or what do you mean with a combination of all those?

Money managers are worrisome to me, thats why im so hard on them

My Pips Are Growing

My Pip Hand Is Weak

The EA is a good backup for your strategy. Especially if you strategy is similar to the logic of robot. In the end, you can figure out the correct setups for the EA which will turn it into a great helper.

I Don't Post Much

I'd say trading your own strategy which can include the EA. If it is working in accordance with your trading style tan why not. But my personal opinion that you have to track the actions of any existing EA

My Pip Hand Is Weak

trading in your own strategy is the best way..........

I know I said splitting this into thirds might be a good idea, but everyone is different.

What might be the most logical progression is to develop a winning strategy that works successfully on a long time frame, a few months at least, and then hiring someone or learning to program an EA of that strategy would be right. I tried that myself but it's very, very difficult making an EA that works consistently and acts like a human would. My personal strategy just has too many factors that make me want to and not want to take a trade that could probably be programmed into the EA, but it becomes a nightmare for the programmer to add all of those variables, lots of IFS DO THIS, and IFS DON'T DO THAT, then you have to consider what it takes to exit the trades which can be a whole other set of rules for the programmer to consider.

My experience in doing this is a good one while working with a great programmer, one that belongs to the forum, but it's really tough working with EA's and harder to lower your expectations for a robot which should be brilliant compared to we mere mortals, but you end up saying, I can trade this better. But, in the end, it would be excellent to be able to clone yourself, or at the very least clone your strategy in the form of an EA, set it, and walk away confident knowing that it won't let you down because it's doing exactly what you would be doing if it was you at the computer instead of the bot. I just haven't found a bot like that yet, maybe they're out there, but I haven't found them, not even the one's that were built around my own strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I know I said splitting this into thirds might be a good idea, but everyone is different.

What might be the most logical progression is to develop a winning strategy that works successfully on a long time frame, a few months at least, and then hiring someone or learning to program an EA of that strategy would be right. I tried that myself but it's very, very difficult making an EA that works consistently and acts like a human would. My personal strategy just has too many factors that make me want to and not want to take a trade that could probably be programmed into the EA, but it becomes a nightmare for the programmer to add all of those variables, lots of IFS DO THIS, and IFS DON'T DO THAT, then you have to consider what it takes to exit the trades which can be a whole other set of rules for the programmer to consider.

My experience in doing this is a good one while working with a great programmer, one that belongs to the forum, but it's really tough working with EA's and harder to lower your expectations for a robot which should be brilliant compared to we mere mortals, but you end up saying, I can trade this better. But, in the end, it would be excellent to be able to clone yourself, or at the very least clone your strategy in the form of an EA, set it, and walk away confident knowing that it won't let you down because it's doing exactly what you would be doing if it was you at the computer instead of the bot. I just haven't found a bot like that yet, maybe they're out there, but I haven't found them, not even the one's that were built around my own strategies.
    NO EA that would work consistently,, EA need to be kept and controlled if we want good result in our trade....
    EA will never work like human, so it still need our help....

I Don't Post Much

I'd say use expert adviser but only after you are able to trade in profit as well. This is the way for you to figure out which EA will be the bwst for you. And you acn always keep trading together with your EA.