• Yes

31 64.58%
  • No

6 12.50%
  • Indifferent

11 22.92%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's so bad about Forex.com?

Default Re: What's so bad about Forex.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss9 View Post
    interest isn't swap idiot, you know nothing about forex it seems ACE

http://www.forexchannel.org/forex_ma...ding/swap.html

The rolling over day by day should be proceeded using swap, which is the combination of buying contract and selling at the same time on the different value dates. The swap is essentially traded for the foreign currency funding. Let us assunme 1 million US dollar versus Japanese Yen which to be bought and sold.

(1) Buying USD and selling JPY on the spot date, which is two business days succeeding to the trade date.

(2) Selling USD and buying JPY on one month correspondent to the spot date

You have to pay JPY and receive USD at the spot date that is two business days after the trade date. Thus, first, your aim to raise fund in USD results in achievement. After one month passes, the value date of (2) comes, you would have to pay the relevant USD and receive JPY. In this way, it follows that you should raise the fund in USD using the collateral in JPY during that period. Stop here a bit. In case that the interest rate of JPY is assumed to be 1% and that of USD to be 6%, it should be a bad trade for the USD lender for that one month, isn't it? Therefore, the swap trade has the market convention that the trading price should be adjusted in advance not to be disadvantage for the side who is placing higher yield foreign currency. This price gap is just called as the swap point arising from the differential of interest rates yielding between two currencies. In case that the commodity currency yields higher interest than the base currency, it follows to be called as discount system. One the other hand, in case that the commodity yields lower, it should be as premium system. It is needless to say that there does not exist any exchange risk because the trade of buying and selling would be made at the same time.

"I came to make pips and chew bubble gum...damn, I'm all out of gum..."
    -DickP, 2011

Default Re: part 1

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    I'd like to point out how this website's comments all are talking to the visitor as if they're telling YOU what to do and what will happen like, THEY WILL STOP YOU OUT, or THEY TRADE AGAINST YOU ... as if the same person is writing over and over again, real people tend to overwhelmingly talk in the first person after trying out things themselves... almost every comment on Forex Bastards has YOU in it... anything in red after the comment tries to rebuke what is said or confirms it with text in green...

1. no end of problems with stopouts SUBJECTIVE
    2. large out of nowhere spikes PROOF THE MARKET DIDNT GO AGAINST YOU?
    3. news constantly arriving late SUBJECTIVE
    4. graphs freezing right before big announcements SLOW COMPUTER?
    5. Manual rate execution is awful POINT AND SHOOT INSTANT TRADES
    6. They will almost always pocket 1 or 2 pips before trading against you. UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    7. Everytime you excute an order they hedge you. UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    8. they use thier massive bank credits and connections to pile one against thier "clients" trade and clean you out. UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    9. They pick your stops and buffer your profit targets. UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    10. It seems about 30% of the time it will take a dive on you. NEVER HAPPENED TO ME
    11. They pocket your interest payments yet debit your account on the reverse. I'VE GOTTEN INTEReST AND SWAP PAYMENTS
    12. Wide Spreads I Agree
    13. Subscribe with Forex.com 2 weeks ago.
    14. The more you place an order the more you will loose your money!!! OPINION
    15. they have been telemarketing me every day YEA, THEY FEEL OUT FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS, SO, THEY'RE ACTUALLY COURTESY CALLS
    16. tremendous leverage on mini accounts 200:1 IS TREMENDOUS?
    17. the charts don't correlate very will with the current bid/ask SIMPLY UNTRUE, I USE MT4 SIDE BY SIDE WITH FOREX.COM AND THE MOVEMENTS ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER
    18. stop orders, they would not get filled even though it appeared that the market had touched that price MY STOPS ALWAYS FILLED
    19. they lie about the new pip spreads UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    20. they are taking back a pip when I exit a profitable trade THE 1 PIP LESS ACCUSTION #1
    21. I dont get the price that I click on to exit the trade but I get one pip less THE 1 PIP LESS ACCUSTION #2
    22. NFA's disciplinary case against them in early 2007 for compliance violations FOREX.COM IS ACTUALLY LAUDED TO BE ONE OF THE MOST REPUATBLE NAMES IN THE BUSINESS
    23. disabled my account CARE TO ELABORATE?
    24. they have a dealing desk...playing AGINST you! DEALING DESK YES, TRADING AGAINST YOU? HARD TO PROVE
    25. changed a telephone fill/quote in their favor HAHAHA
    26. Gain Capital of New Jersey and New York City, and Forex.com are one and the same shyster outfit. FELIX PUTTING IN A HOSTILE COMMENT FOR GOOD MEASURE
    27. SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE WORKING A SKIM OVER THERE. AND IT SEEMS LIKE FREEMASONS RULE THE WORLD...
    28. It is my impression that there is someone on the other side of the trade with access to my stops that deliberately hunt stops on both sides of a potential move to the tune of 10 or 15 pips before the move goes PROVE IT! TAKE SCREENSHOT RECORDINGS OF MT4 AND FOREX.COM THEN MAKE THESE ACCUSATIONS, UNTIL THEN, IT'S SAFE TO SAY YOU'RE MAD THE MARKET MOVED AGAINST YOU, DO YOU EXPECT IT TO ALWAYS GO IN ONE STRAIGHT DIRECTION? SOUNDS LIKE IT
    29. SOS stop hunting, market gos out of its way to margin me out then resumes its original directon HOW LONG HAS THIS COMMENTER BEEN TRADING? UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION
    30. Forex.com practices stop hunting OPINION
    31. Customer service is a joke UNEDUCATED OPINION
    32. they have more excuses then answers for your questions. BITTER OPINION
    33. i lost 900 us dollar out of my 1000...i think its the fault of both me and forex.com YOU SUCK AS A TRADER, AND IT'S THEIR FAULT? BITTERNESS
    34. The platform is a disgrace. OPINION BUT I AGREE
    35. The price in one chart. would vary as much as 5 pips from the other chart and or deal window. FALSE, SEE FOR YOURSELF
    36. You might as well put your hard earned money on the barbeque outside! FELIX ADDING A FUNNY HOSTILE COMMENTER
    37. their prices really are higher than the others YOU MEAN SPREAD? USUALLY BY 1 OR 2 PIPS ABOVE ECN BROKERS, NOT BAD AT ALL FOR COMISSION FREE
    38. they use the lowest price they can find to trigger stops UNFOUNDED, SHOW PROOF
    39. sometimes the spreads are volatie and huge I'VE NEVER SEEN LARGER THAN 9 PIP SPREADS ON EXOTIC PAIRS, ANY TIME OF DAY
    40. charged a 15 pip Rollover DON'T LEAVE OPEN POSITIONS THEN!
    41. designed to fleece you when you do go live ALL DEMO ACCOUNTS ARE LIKE THAT, EVER USED MT4? OBVIOUSLY NOT
    42. geared toward getting amateurs to fund accounts they are not ready for TOO OPINIONATED
    43. real professional crooks OPINION
    44. their pip spread appears to be one of the widest out there APPEARS TO BE DOESN'T MEAN IT IS, AND IN FACT, IT IS NOT
    45. sen withdrawl money to an old closed account DID YOU UPDATE YOUR INFO? ARE THEY MIND READERS?
    46. spreads are horrible, platform is garbage OPINION
    47. closed my position even though I had not reached my stop loss point WHAT WAS YOUR MARGIN LEVEL? THE FACT THAT DIDN'T EVEN OCCUR TO YOU MEANS YOU NEED MORE FOREX EDUCATION
    48. Charts are slow. SLOWER THAN MOST, BUT STILL TRADABLE
    Oh dear, great, you put so much time into this response I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well, you can't just dismiss the bad reviews, we just don't know if they're real or not, maybe they are. I'll concede that it's somewhat foolhearty to think you can make a killing in Forex (at Forex.com in particular) with less than $10,000 (which would get you their better membership) and spreads that are no lower than 3 and go up to 11 (which are also lowered after $10,000). So perhaps some of those reviews are by people who thought too much of their limited skills about Forex, trying to use a platform which is indeed slower than a straight e-signal feed. But just because it's slower, doesn't mean it's a conspiracy. Forex.com advertises on CNBC, MSNBC, and some other cable channels every day, they must get 100's of new customers every week, to think there's a room filled with nasty trolls sitting there manipulating the software to go against you in particuar exists only in the part of your imagination that wants to blame everyone else except yourself for your failiures, not to mention it sounds quite Orwellian. I'm not defending Forex.com, I have no need to, I'm just telling you from first hand experience, I've made money and lost money with them and never noticed anything suspicious.
    Hello, I am new to these boards, just interested in seeing if you are still using Forex.com as your broker these days, seems an old discussion, things have changed or no?

My Pips Are Growing

Quote Originally Posted by magiikman View Post
    forex.com is a pretty good broker, def give them a try
    Also, if you are looking for a good tip - here, let me share some experience... Have you heard 'bout automatic trading systems (EA)? For example Im using a forex robot, witch is making some stable not big money, but because of it I can spend my time on learning FOREX without fears about the loss. Saving your time on searching - here some useful pages: http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=NDy...LOn1KWduGTZB0g

Pips Are My Game

GAIN capital (which is forex.com) has been accused by NFA of various violations, one of them and the most serious, is that they implemented a mechanism on their MT4 platform to create false slippage.
    Check here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=243989

And the NFA whole case here:
    http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/...px?seqnum=2461

GAIN is one of the largest forex traders around, NFA registered, but that doesnt mean they are good. They are not a scam, because NFA has regulations, but i dont know if i would open an account with them...

Forex In The Blood

rolling in the riches

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Spreads too high on normal account, pro account, spreads very nice :-) 1 pip lowest
    Exactly what I said

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia_Griffin10 View Post
    rolling in the riches
    Can't you say something different or are you really rolling in the riches?

-DickP, 2011

Will Work For Pips

Forex.com is bigger tha nyou think and will handle beginner traders differently than intermediate and institutional clients. One of many that does this, but they are set up to take beginners money just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace183 View Post
    I hate when people make up things about brokers, because there's no way to proove it, no way to disprove it, it just naggs at people... that's what whoever made up those comments wants his customers to have, nothing but doubts about Forex.com and hear nothing but sweet things about the brokers' he's affiliated with. This is a no brainer people...
    Yea this is my major pet pieve when it comes to allegations of this sort.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    apologies, but i've had nothing but problems with Forex.com, i do believe they stop loss hunt because sometimes within minutes of entering a position i find myself 2 or 3 pips away from stop loss of 30 pips! I know this can happen, but every damn time?
    Are you really of the opinion this is your broker working against you? Can you take screen caps of this or something to convince us?

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    badmouthing Forex.com is like badmouthing the government... say all you want, its still here to stay
    Well, governments come and go, so will Forex.com, it could take 100 years, but Forex.com can't last forever, just a few poor management choices could change everything.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Bernie Maddoff had billions in equity, he was a scam... so, that by itself doesn't disprove something from being fraudulent
    That's a bad analogy BigE, yet kind of foreshadows maybe Forex.com is a scam too? Just asking, not stating.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    FEEL THE CRUSHING BLOW OF SWAPS EVERY DAY

Classic... unless you sign up for a Sharia Law account (and prove you are Muslim) how can someone possibly complain about swaps???
    Yea, there's no way to avoid swaps in Forex.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Forex.com is the first forex broker I ever saw, saw a commercial on tv once
    Not the last, I've seen FXCM, FXDD, and others now.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Think about all those brokers that charge 4+ pips per spread, and then think about Forex.com, there's no comparison. It's really not a scam and not half as bad as that page makes it out to be...
    But think about all the broekrs that charge less than a pip for EURUSD, and think about how much money Forex.com makes whether you win or lose. I'd prefer a broker with features such as this.

-DickP, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Harlon View Post
    but doesn't Forex.com cancel your account if you're a scalper? totally not cool
    Show me one person that that's happened to, I challenge you with the threat of your manhood being dishonored.

-DickP, 2011

Forex In The Blood

The only thing that is kind of scary...be sure to keep track of your pin number when you wish to withdraw your earnings.
    However, I've heard that they have even simplified this as well.

My Pips Are Growing TradingEzra's Avatar

Mostly a bucket shop, but they won't "scam" you outright, they trickle you slow

Yea what about Oanda, what is the difference?