Thread: I'm looking to get more active on forex, what pairs do u think would be most volatile

I Don't Post Much

Default I'm looking to get more active on forex, what pairs do u think would be most volatile

I'm looking to trade more in the coming weeks and I was wondering what pairs would be most volatile in the given economic climate. I'm looking to learn off the the current volatility somehow a recession and the post-recession uncertainness intrigues me. Its like a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

Default Re: I'm looking to get more active on forex, what pairs do u think would be most vola

Hello, welcome to Forex Forums.

You sort of answer your own question, that is, in this economic environment, no one can tell from day to day what pairs will in fact be "most volatile."

But, historically, GBPJPY, CADJPY, EURJPY are my favorite pairs in terms of pairs that tend to move and trend in ways that are tradable. This is not an endorsement or advice to trade these pairs or any sort of guarantee they will be "big movers" today or next week, but like I said, historically this is usually true.

EURUSD of course had a big week last week due to the news, so in that, following news of crises may be your best way to determine which pair will be subjected to a large move in the next market open for that currencies home market.

Not too long ago, this summer, AUDUSD had a tremendous move that caught my attention, so honestly it all depends.

I do employ a free indicator called SIGNAL BARS v7 (run a search and you can find it easily) that gauges just what you asked in MetaTrader 4.

I also use a platform called TopGunSoftware which does this based on a specific time period or the overall range, called the AVERAGE TRUE RANGE.

I've been trading actively for over 5 years and truthfully, there's always a new development in the world that makes a currency pair move one way or another in a big way, so don't feel left out or at all like you missed the boat if you don't start making money today, I must advise lots of practice and development of a clear and working strategy before risking real funds, otherwise its pure gambling.

Hope this helped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	averageTRUErange.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	1529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gbpjpy_signal_bars_v7.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	1530  

I Don't Post Much

Default Re: I'm looking to get more active on forex, what pairs do u think would be most vola

Thanks alot Mike that helped.. And yea I think il use my practice account a little more before i go back to my LIVE account... Ive got another question for u... strictly hypothetical .. do u think greece goona get left out of the EU?? And if so how would that effect the EURUSD??